Community life and activities
Jody Anker - Community life and activities
450-562-2025 p. 3543
Becoming a volunteer
Get involved in your community
Whether you have a few hours to donate or you are available each week: write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the municipal office (450-562-2025) to be part of our volunteer's list !
Have you ever noticed that most of the volunteers are very busy people with a thousand and one responsibilities, that their hearts are so big that they overflow in their huge smile? Have you noticed that volunteers work to build a warm and happy world and that they know their neighbors?
We are always looking for volunteers! Volunteer involvement is the essence of a community and in Gore, this community is tightly knit.
In Gore, there are many activities. Here is a short list :
- Organization of the Winter and Summer Carnivals
- Seniors' Soup
- Community breakfasts
- Special Events: Halloween, St. Patrick's Day, Children's Christmas
- Community Garden
- Family Policy (MADA and family in action)
- Municipal park (activities and dog park)
- Race Club and Outdoor Activity
- Community Library
- Internet cafe
- Support to volunteer committees and grant research
- Environment Day
- Support to Sentiers de Gore
IF YOU WANT TO VOLUNTEER - CONTACT US AT THE MUNICIPAL OFFICE!
PAIR program : FREE automated calling service for seniors
What is the Pair Program?
The PAIR Program is a FREE automated calling service. PAIR is a daily call service that makes seniors and people at risk living alone feel more secure. These daily calls are reassuring for subscribers and their families. PAIR is offered by several local organizations across Quebec and was created in 1990. Since its launch, this service has made millions of calls and has rescued hundreds of people. Many lives have been saved!
- The PAIR Program is completely free for seniors in Argenteuil; funding comes from the 2019-2023 Crime Prevention Plan;
- Security calls are made between 7:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- Security calls are always made at the same time;
- If the member does not answer the first time on their call, there are 2 more "attempts" to call the member; Before triggering a PAIR alert, there is an interval of approximately 15 minutes between each attempt. For example, if the member was in the bathroom during their PAIR call, they confirm their presence with the second try, a few minutes later.
- When calling the central, to confirm that the member is okay, he must press a number on the telephone keypad, wait for the thank you message and hang up; it is very important to wait for the thank you message before hanging up.
- If we have an alert, we contact:
- 1st The member, one last time
- 2nd His respondents
- 3rd Emergency services, if we have no answer
- PAIR members are responsible for reporting their absence, if possible 24 hours in advance, by calling the absence number: a voicemail box open 24/7: 1-833-331-7247
Community Center Booking
Address : 2 chemin Cambria, Gore, J0V 1K0
to book : email@example.com or (450) 562-2025 p. 3521
In order to book to community center on a specific date for an event, it is important to pay the rental cost, as soon as possible, in order to confirm your reservation. The community hall being very popular, you have to book several weeks in advance and even a few months if you want a specific day. Two days before your event, you can come to our offices to give us the security deposit, pay your rental and we will give you the room key at that time.
Here are all the prices and specifications for the room rental:
Community center and equipment fees
FREE if NPO (non-profit organization) recognized by the City. $ 200 security deposit required.
FREE if for funeral (for resident). $ 200 security deposit required.